In the tenure of its existence, the Association has earned some notable achievements to its credit as follows:
- It has in the past been representing to the Government against the difficulties relating to excise, customs, imports etc. and has taken active interest in getting these redressed from the authorities.
- It is due to the vigorous efforts made by the Association that Government has been reducing the excise, and customs duties on Air conditioning and Refrigeration Equipments, Appliances and components and parts.
- It has helped in manufacturing equipments and component that were never produced in the country before.
- By a forceful plea, it got Industrial Refrigeration included among 59 Priority Industries.
- It has opened avenues for the development of export of the Industry's products and helped in the finalization of various standards of Air conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment and Appliances under the aegis of Bureau of Indian Standards.
- It has got sanction of monetary assistance and other subsidies for export of this industry's products.
- It was largely due to the efforts of the Association that the Ministry of Industrial Development & Company Affairs decided to set up a panel for Air conditioning & Refrigeration Industry, which was instrumental in rendering useful service to its cause.
- The Association has been successful in convincing the Government that Air conditioning & Refrigeration is a necessity and plays a vital role in the national economy. This has resulted in providing substantial excise relief to the Industry.
- Starting from a humble beginning, the Association has developed into a well coordinated and disciplined organization to link organically this capital-intensive sector of the economy with other branches of Engineering Industries, the Government and growing number of constituents.